Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bad Mommy! Bad!



Do I look perturbed? Well I am.

Mom nearly got me run over this weekend!!!

We were out in the yard (without my leash on), and I was taking my morning pee when I saw a big furry dog across the street. He looked like such a nice dog, I just had to go over and say hello. Well, wouldn't you know a huge SUV was speeding down the road just at that moment. Thankfully, I just narrowly missed the wheels.

Anyway, Mom was screaming and carrying on and clutching her chest. Of course, I knew I would be ok. But she kept hugging me and petting me the rest of the day. Geez, lighten up. Everything turned out ok, didn't it?

Though, I will say, I think I'm going to hang close to Dad these next few days. Just in case.

7 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Bethany W said...

Poor little Oscar! That must have been so traumatic. I'm glad he made it! I'd certainly miss reading his blog :)

 
At October 22, 2007 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Christina H. said...

I don't know if he was traumatized by it. He seemed perfectly fine right after. It was me that was totally traumatized!!

 
At October 22, 2007 at 10:10 PM , Blogger MEEEE! said...

oh my gosh! so glad he's ok. :)
those little guys see a dog (big or small) and they have to make their presence known... dexter would have run after another dog, a kid on a bike, someone skateboarding or rollerblading, a leaf blowing, you name it!

 
At October 23, 2007 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Christina H. said...

I know - it's really scary. I need to figure out how to train Oscar to come when I call him. (He's not very good with that.) Any recommendations?

 
At October 23, 2007 at 8:45 PM , Blogger MEEEE! said...

haha i have no recommendations... my dog doesn't listen to anything unless i have a piece of turkey in my hand!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christina! Do you have the Invisible Fence product, or something similar in your yard? I don't know all the details, but it seems like a good product to train Oscarman to stay within certain boundaries. Might be worth looking into! Poor you!! Glad he's ok!! ;)

 
At October 30, 2007 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Christina H. said...

Courtney - we don't have an invisible fence. Would be a nice thing to have, but I think they're kind of expensive, and I would feel bad about shocking him. Plus, I hear that some dogs run right through them if they see something they really really want to chase. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oscarman pulled that one on us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home